MCAS Yuma Range SOP STAO 3710.6J
(Range Regulations) Please see the RFMSS Library for the current version.
"Any proposed operations in the Chocolate Mountain Aerial Gunnery Range (R 2507) that include personnel on deck requires 60 day notification to Yuma Skeds accompanied by a Scheme of Maneuver/Overview. Director, MCAS Yuma Range Management concurrence will be required prior to approval of any airspace or ground RFMSS requests. Exceptions: MAWTS-1, EOTG and 3rd MAW."
TIME CHANGE – November 4th, 2018 Daylight Savings Time ends. At that time California will be one hour behind Arizona’s time. All ranges, whether in California or Arizona are scheduled in Arizona Local Time. Ensure your range request times are adjusted to reflect the time change, otherwise take the chance of your range not being properly scheduled. (Arizona to Zulu = AZ Local + 7 / California to Zulu = CA Local + 8)
Knowingly not showing up for your range and giving co-use is wrong. If not using your range you cannot give a co-use. It is a “No-Show”, for your unit. If giving the range to another unit, you shall cancel your range time. If the range time is on the same day, you must call Yuma Range to cancel. You cannot cancel same day ranges in RFMSS. The unit requesting the range shall submit a request in RFMSS.
- The correct way to enter a co-use on a request: The unit that has the airspace in a reserved/pending status will be the unit that shall make the co-use comment in their RFMSS request for each and every piece of airspace (see figure-1 below). If the unit giving the co-use does not cover the entire period needed for the requesting co-use unit, then the unit requesting the co-use shall enter a request for the additional time desired.
- R-2507 North – Target 15N Hazard – There are three permanent camera towers emplaced for scoring/BDA. These towers are 60 feet AGL, UNLGTD, and at the following coordinates outside the 15N polygon target area: TWR-1 33°19'30.212"N, 115°23'52.928"W/11S PS 49105 88469, TWR-2 33°17'59.640"N, 115°24'29.296"W/11S PS 48208 85665, TWR-3 33°18'20.841"N, 115°23'36.817"W/11S PS 49555 86339. All aviators are to proceed through this location with “CAUTION”. For additional information contact Mr. Alan Veasey DSN 269- 2214/5575, or Leg Iron 928- 269-7080. 15N WISS Air Field Obstructions
SWAT - 4 AREA:
- Please see the SWAT-4 range SPINS in the RFMSS Library under Range Cards.
Mt Barrow Corridor:
- Within R-2301W - During the dates 15 March to 15 July in accordance with U.S. Fish and Wildlife measures to protect the Sonoran pronghorn habitat, non-WTI aircraft flights shall remain west of the 113°53’W longitude line, or on designated transit routes, or above 1,500 ft. AGL (when flying east of this line). Refer to, STAO 3710.6, Range Regulations, Section 4004.5 TACTS LOW, Para. 5 Special Instructions, b.
- R-2301 West – Cactus West/ UTC Yodaville - 30 MM MUNITIONS NOT AUTHORIZED IN THE TARGET AREAS. For additional information, contact Mr. Alan Veasey DSN 269-2214/5575, or Leg Iron 928-269-7080.
For restrictions on the R-2510 Pilots, "Shall" check the El Centro (KNJK) NOTAM's at: NOTAM's For additional information, contact Mr. Steve Lippert at (760) 339-2616 firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr. Marc Willis at 760-339-2672 email@example.com.
R-2510 Target Information (Tgt 101 & 103)
For restrictions on the R-2512, Pilots "Shall" check the El Centro (KNJK) NOTAM's at: NOTAM's For additional information, contact Mr. Steve Lippert at (760) 339-2616 firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr. Marc Willis at 760-339-2672 email@example.com.
R-2512 - Target 68 scoring unavailable until further notice. For more information please contact Steve Lippert at 760-339-2616 or WISS at 760-339-2231.
Please see the documents below concerning Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) operating south of the R-2512 near the Holtville Airfield (L04).
MAWTS-1 Share Point