MCAS YUMA SEARCH AND RESCUE TERMINATION OF SERVICES - MARINE CORPS AIR STATION YUMA SEARCH AND RESCUE SERVICES TERMINATED, EFFECTIVE 2300Z (1600L) 20 DECEMBER 2019.
- "Any proposed operations in the Chocolate Mountain Aerial Gunnery Range (R 2507) that include personnel on deck requires 60 day notification to Yuma Skeds accompanied by a Scheme of Maneuver/Overview. Director, MCAS Yuma Range Management concurrence will be required prior to approval of any airspace or ground RFMSS requests. Exceptions: MAWTS-1, EOTG and 3rd MAW."
- Restriction: Agua Caliente Airport, owned and operated by the County of San Diego, located at 32°57′22″N 116°17′44″W with elevation of 1,220 ft. This airfield is "OFF LIMITS" to all military aircraft (to include rotor and tilt-rotor aircraft). For more information please contact Mr. Steve Lippert at 760-339-2616.
TIME CHANGE – Sunday, November 7, 2021 at 2:00 am Daylight Savings Time ends. At that time California will be one hour behind Arizona. All ranges, whether in California or Arizona are scheduled in Arizona Local Time. Ensure your range request times are adjusted to reflect the time change. (Arizona to Zulu = AZ Local + 7 / California to Zulu = CA Local +8)
LINK 16 MITIGATIONS
- Until further notice, aircraft in transit to or from MOA's, warning areas, restricted areas, and all other special use airspace, will not transmit link 16 to the max extent practical unless required for safety of flight.
- Once inside MOA's, warning areas, restricted areas, and all other special use airspace, all ER0G platforms shall advise Yuma Range of their use of Link 16.
- Aircrew shall be prepared to terminate Link 16 transmissions if asked by controlling agency to "Cease Link 16 operations." Aircrew will also terminate Link 16 upon spill out of special use airspace.
- DOD Range Control/ATC shall proactively notify the FAA when compliance with this criteria has been violated to allow for the agency to respond with emergency instructions to nearby Non-DOD, non-participating aircraft.