The COMMSTRAT Office is scheduling photo appointments on a
case by case basis. Please call (928) 941-3554 to schedule an appointment.
Standard Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday from 0800 - 1100 & 1300-1600
Thursday - Friday from 0800 - 1100
For more information, call:
(Service C or equivalent)
Effective 1 September 2020, photographs are not authorized information for promotion boards and selection processes pertaining to assignment, training, education, and command. This prohibition includes official photographs located in the Official Military Personnel File (OMPF), as well as photographs submitted in correspondence by individual Marines. (Ref. MARADMIN 491/20)
To Schedule a Promotion style photo a completed Height and Weight Form must be filled out prior to scheduling an appointment.
Hard copy prints are provided for command level or slated billets.
The following billets rate a command board photo:
• Commanding General/ Commanding Officer
• Deputy Commanding General/ Executive Officer
• Chief of Staff/ Operations Officer
• Sergeant Major
• First Sergeant
Circumstances that rate an official photo:
• Installation Level Civilian Directors
• Sexual Assault Response Coordinators
• Uniform Victim Advocates
• Family Readiness Officers
• Squadron Gunnery Sergeant
• Marine of the Quarter
• NCO of the Quarter
• Sailor of the Quarter
• Blue Jacket of the Quarter
• Misc. Award/ Billet
• Color Sergeant
• Equal Opportunity Representative
• Substance Abuse Counseling Officer
Limited electronic and print distribution.
Please bring a completed Tattoo Verification Form, signed by a SNCO. Tattoos that are within regulations, per MCBUL 1020, do not need documentation.
Circumstances that rate a 360 Tattoo Photo
• Enlisted to Officer Commissioning Programs (Refer to applicable FY MARADMIN)
• Special Duty Assignment or Independent Duty Package (Ref. MARADMIN 681/16)
Follow our Instagram @MCASYuma